How a website can help
Most people are not aware of how a properly done website can help their business
Many small businesses depend on their relatives or friends to develop a website for them or they do it themselves using an online site builder program. What is not easy is maintaining it and building a successful business with it.
In most cases like these the website turns out to be just an online flyer with brief services, soon forgotten and outdated.
Here is a list of functions a website can provide that maybe you were not aware of :
- Directions: You can provide a map showing your location
- Latest Achievements :You can place any credited achievements recently achieved e.g
ISO certified etc.
- Latest News :You can post any news taking place in your business. A trade show you involved in / Re-location of your office. /Staff accomplishments /New products
- Online Survey :You can have online questionnaires to find out about your customers likes or dislikes in your products or services. Maybe they are too bashful over the phone or in person
- Online /Contact Forms :Customers can fill out forms for request for various services or they can quickly contact you via an online form.
- Mailing List :You can ask customers to sign up for a mailing list. Any new products can be emailed to them.
- Members Area :You can ask customers to join your website. Joining enables customers to view special areas of your site for discounts and other promotions.
- Portfolio / Picture Gallery :You can have pictures showcasing your work. List all the jobs you’ve worked on
- Product Catalog :List all your products and give full description with images. You can also have your existing catalog viewed in a book format for your customers.
- Videos : You can show videos of any supplier or product information. You can link videos from youtube or vimeo.
- F.A.Q (Frequently Asked questions) Make a list of questions people generally ask and answer them. This free’s up phone calls.
- Online Chat :You can setup an online chat on your website for customers to find out about services between 8: -4:30pm.
- Facebook :You can integrate facebook into your website for more social interaction.
- Calendar of Events : If your business is event oriented you can have a calendar showing latest events coming up.
- Blogs :You can create blogs on your website where members of staff can submit articles relating to your industry.
- Testimonials :If you are in the service industry you can have an area for past customers to say something about your business. More customers would be attracted this way.
The use of a website can be enormous and these are just some of them but yet people fail to use this simple tool to market their business.
Contact Blueline today and find out how you can grow your business